Greenboard is a student environmental collective. We believe that our generation is burdened with the responsibility of dealing with the climate crisis. We recognize the climate crisis impacts disproportionately those least able to represent themselves and represents an immediate threat to our land, water, air, food and health. To avert this crisis, we believe that change must happen on an individual, community and systemic level.
Greenboard provides a forum for individuals to affect change and welcomes a diversity of methods including education, advocacy and direct action. Greenboard is committed to improving on-campus sustainability as well as collaborating with the well established environmental community of the greater Portland area. Through our organizing efforts, we have become leaders in the youth climate movement.
- Institutionalizing composting on campus
- Reducing the amount of money spent on replacing cafeteria dishes
- This will increase the amount of money available to buy more sustainable dishes and/or invest in reusable coffee cups.
- Continuing our annual “Canyon Day,” a day of campus-wide volunteering with various projects to help the Reed Canyon.
- Inviting more speakers to come to Greenboard meetings to talk about other projects.